Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession (U.A.C.) was formed in 1917. Rev. J.H. Werning officially incorporated Zion at the Chase County courthouse August 22nd. The first recorded statistic came in the January 1, 1918 meeting. It states that the congregation numbered 132 souls. 66 of those were communicant members and 24 of those were voters. By February 10, 1918 the first sanctuary was dedicated.
Today Zion continues to thrive in a rural community of about 2000 people, with a membership of over 600. The current building was constructed in 1980 and was made large enough to keep the services to one on a given Sunday. While the building is changed since its incorporation, the heart of what goes on at Zion has remained the same. Zion is here in Southwest Nebraska to proclaim Christ to the local community and support that proclamation throughout the world.
Visit the link above for a more detailed description. Zion praises God with 1761 glorious pipes built by the Vaughan Organ Company. The current sanctuary was built to house this instrument.